Happiness is something I tend to believe I don’t have, when I have it and tend to believe I have when I don’t. I guess what I’m trying to say is that happiness is something that you choose. Throughout my life, there have been many obstacles and tough decisions I have had to make, in order to make my life happier. All of these learning experiences have taught not only how to be happy, but how to live a more positive lifestyle. Here are some of my tips for being happy:)
- Remove any toxic people from your life!!!
- I feel like this some pretty obvious advice, yet it’s something that a lot of people tend to struggle with, including me! I have had many friendships in the past that have made me feel down about myself, made me feel not worthy, etc. After leaving those relationships, make sure you leave on a good note. Exiting a relationship on a fight or argument is never going to make you feel better, only worse. ALWAYS leave with a positive mindset. Of course, leaving a relationship or friendship is going to be hard, but trust me, the moment you leave, a tremendous amount of weight will have been lifted off your shoulders. All of the anxiety, anger, sadness, etc. will all leave your body.
2. Make sure you are happy w/ who you are !
- Whether it be your self image, mindset/attitude, etc, always make sure you are the person you want to be. Push yourself outside of your comfort zone! That is something I am always working on. Although I have not fully accomplished pushing myself as far as I would like it, I am continually striving to! Additionally, make sure you are confident! Whether it be working out more, eating cleaner, taking better care of your body in general, make sure you are confident in your own skin! Lastly, make sure your mindset is always in the right place. It is really easy to become negative about situations, but always remember that everything happens for a reason, and it will all lead you to where you are supposed to be.
3. Find things that you are passionate about/ enjoy 🙂
- One of the most important things that will help you consistently remain happy, is to find things that you are passionate about. Whether it be working out, knitting, writing, baking, biking, etc. , find something that makes you want to get out of bed everyday! Something that you strive to work on constantly to make better, and that you feel deeply passionate about. For me, this is constantly changing. It pretty much depends on my life at the time. For example, right now in my life, I am very passionate about working on my body, mentally and physically! One thing that helps me with both of those things, is SoulCycle! I know this tends to be a ‘basic’ workout, but I truly find the best results there not only physically, but mentally! I 10/10 recommend trying out a class there, you will have a blast! Furthermore, finding something that you enjoy and look forward to, will help you get through your everyday life, on a more positive and uplifting mindset.
Summer ’17 was definitely a year of adventures for me! Most of my amazing memories were made with my best friend, Ashley. We both have a strong love for adventuring around our town and of course documenting as much of it as possible. So, we decided one summer day that we would drive up to the top of a large mountain where we live and take some photos! Not only was taking the photos super fun, but getting ready and picking out outfits was a blast as well. We went up on the mountain just in time for the sunset, which was amazing! It not only allowed for some amazing golden hour pictures, but also pictures with a beautiful sunset in the background. All of the photos came out AMAZING and I 10/10 recommend doing this with some friends! Here are some photos from our adventure:) 1/10/17 (Yes, I know I am making this a long time after Summer, but hey a photoshoot can happen any time of the year;) )
Thought it would be fun to take some pictures in my go-to winter outfit! I love this outfit so much and it is so comfy and cute! I will try to link all the items, but I apologize if I’m not able to find anything! Also funny fact about these photos is that my friend and I ran up this hill as fast as possible to catch the last bits of the beautiful sunset. That is why my shoes look so weird in some of the photos because I didn’t have time to fully put them on:/ Lol enjoy the pics and I hope you like the outfit!
PS: I wasn’t able to find the link to the jacket:( & also the shoes are converse
I have been LOVING the fashion trends that have been trending recently! Here are some of my favs:
–Mom jeans: I think the whole high waisted, baggy jean look is ADORABLE! I recently bought a pair from Urban Outfitters that I have been loving! Here is a link: https://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shop/bdg-mom-jean—vintage-wash?category=jeans-for-women&color=092 How I style them: I like to wear these rolled up on the bottom, with a black or tan belt! These look really good with tube tops as well & cardigans!
–Fuzzy jackets: Okay but who else is so happy that fuzzy jackets are trendy right now?! Some of my fav jackets I’ve seen for inexpensive have been from Forever 21! Honestly I feel like Forever 21 can sometimes be a bust, but sometimes they have such cute things for super inexpensive, so I recommend always giving it a shot! I recently got a fuzzy cardigan from there that I am obsessed with! It is so cozy and will definitely keep me warm during the Winter season, while still allowing me to look cute and trendy!https://www.forever21.com/us/shop/catalog/Product/F21/branded-shop/2000252350
Saw this and thought it was adorable: https://www.forever21.com/us/shop/Catalog/Product/f21/sweater/2000245424
Old Skool Vans: I have a pair of black old skool vans and I love them! You can either dress them up or down and they will still look kool;) I love to wear them with my mom jeans, joggers, or some of my fav topshop jeans! Vans also has really cool colors and designs!
Link to vans: https://www.vans.com/shop/shoes-classics-old-skool/old-skool-canvas-black-true-white
I saw these vans and thought they were so cute also: https://www.vans.com/shop/shoes-classics-old-skool/fuzzy-suede-old-skool-birch